25 November 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Thanks for visiting my Six Sentence Sunday offering  this week.  I always appreciate your company and anythoughts you caare to share.  This is from one of my current WIPs where my hero manages to put his foot in it, big time :-)

“You think I’m going to allow you to fob me off with some kind of glorified nursemaid, you’d better think again.”
 
“Nursemaid!”
 
The explosion when it came ripped the air as cleanly as the knife he’d thrown at the wall. “Nursemaid,” he repeated in a voice colder than an arctic wind, and watched in fascination as she stood up straight, flexed her shoulders, crossed the room and snatched a couple of foils of the wall and threw one at him.
 
Sunlight glinted on the blade in her hand and the deep red hair, almost auburn, he thought, and wondered why it reminded him of a halo.  If she was an angel she’d come straight from the fires of Hell.

There's plenty more wonderful snippets at Six Sentence Sunday

16 comments:

Gem Sivad said...

Well, hello angel. Guess she's not going to be pushed around. I love a strong heroine. Great six!

Jenna said...

This is a fantastic exchange! I love a feisty heroine. And this one is a spitfire! Well done!

Lisa Fox said...

Oh my! She sounds like an awesome woman!

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Thanks Gem, yeah, she's had no intention of making life easy for me or her hero!

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks Jenna, I think she's going to cause me some problems along the way!

Sherry Gloag said...

Bless, Lisa, awesome maybe, but I'm beginning to believe it's not only her hero she's intends to take on!!

Jane Wakely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane Wakely said...

Great six, Sherry! I love that he gives her angel qualities even when she's throwing things at him! :)

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Thanks Jane, I appreciate your feedback.

diannehartsock said...

*chuckles* Love the way he sees her! Can't wait to read more about these two. Sounds like a hot romance!

Elaine Cantrell said...

This is so good. What a woman! And I wish I'd thought of that last line.

SherryGLoag said...

Dianne, I believe they are both going to keep me on their toes.

SherryGLoag said...

Oh wow, Elaine, thank you for your kind words. :-)

Paula Martin said...

What a great six! She sounds more like a hellcat than an angel LOL!

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Paula, at the moment it's a toss-up who's going to have more trouble from her, me, or the hero :-) Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this. The pacing, the descriptions, and the final thought ... awesome!