6 February 2011

Caroline Interviews Dallas

Hello, I’m Caroline Clemmons and I write historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance. Thank you for stopping by Sherry’s blog. Today, I want to interview the hero of my current release. Yes, I know he’s a fictional character—to you. To me, he’s real because he lived in my head, nagging at me until I wrote his story. Please welcome the hero of THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE, Dallas McClintock. Dallas, come in and have a seat while we talk. 



Dallas: (He tips his western hat, removes it, and sits across from me.) Ma’am. Thanks for inviting me here today. 

Caroline: Thanks for coming, Dallas. Tells us about your childhood, Dallas. 
Dallas: I was born in Georgia right here in the U.S.of A. That’s where my mother’s people lived, you see. They had escaped the removals by hiding in the forest.

Caroline: I had relatives in Georgia. Would I know any of your mother’s family?
Dallas shrugs: My mother’s family were Eastern Cherokee. Robbers wounded my dad—his name was Houston McClintock—and left him for dead. My mother’s family found him and nursed him until he recovered. By then, Ma and Pa had fallen in love. 

Caroline: How romantic. Do they still live in Georgia?
Dallas looks down, shakes his head: No, ma’am. They were killed when I was twelve. Grandpa feared the killers would find me and kill me too. That’s when my grandfather brought me to Texas for my Uncle Austin and Aunt Kathryn to raise. 

Caroline: I’m sorry if I stirred up painful memories. Tell us about your life in Texas.
Dallas: It was different, but fine. Uncle Austin and Aunt Kathryn treated me like their own son, and their boys Josh and Daniel treated me like a brother. To the townspeople, though, I was just a sorry halfbreed, so mostly I hung around the ranch. Then, saving up what Uncle Austin paid me for helping on his ranch, I was able to buy my own place. I was all set raising the finest horses in the state. That is, until I heard a woman’s screams and came upon those two no accounts misusing Cenora. Naturally, I rushed to help her.

Caroline: How commendable, Dallas. I believe that brings us up to the beginning of THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE. Thanks for coming today. I hope readers will want to read the rest of your and Cenora’s story. 
Dallas: Thank you, ma’am. I’ll be getting back to the ranch now.  

If you want to be entered into the drawing to receive a free PDF download of THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE, please leave a comment including your email address and mention that you’ve subscribed to my newsletter using the form on the sidebar at http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com. Each issue contains a free short story, recipe, news, and miscellaneous stuff I think is interesting.

Thanks for reading today, and I’ll see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Marie McGaha said...

Nice interview...and what a gentleman! That's just one of the things I love about living in SE OK, people still have manners.

Rie

Caroline Clemmons said...

Thanks Rie, that's true. Cowboys seem always to be respectful.

Jeanmarie Hamilton said...

Caroline,
He is one of my favorite romance characters. :-) Such a sweetheart, and a strong leader as well. A great cowboy/rancher. Enjoyed your interview!

Jeanmarie

Rachel Lynne said...

Hey Caroline! Dallas is a charmer! My family was originally from Blairsville, Ga and we are cherokee too :)
This book has been on my TBR list for a couple of weeks!
Rachel
rachel.lynne3@gmail.com
I think I've already subscribed to your newsletter but I'll check again ... I love collecting recipes.

Sandra Crowley said...

Caroline, you always create the yummiest heroes.

Dallas, I enjoyed hearing more about your background. Thank you for being so candid with us.

Sherry, I had a great time. Thanks for hosting Caroline and her friends.