21 February 2011

Meet Kay's heroine today.

Today I am talking with my heroine, Trish Evers:

Kay - Thank you for agreeing to talk with me today, Trish, I'd like to start with the question;what do you consider your greatest achievement?
Trish smiles warmly - Ongoing, raising my daughter

Kay - What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Trish - Spending time with my daughter and new neighbor and no worries intruding.

Kay - What is your current state of mind?
A frown replaces Trish's smile - A little overwhelmed and sad at closing up Gran's house. Intrigued by my new neighbor.

Kay - What is your favorite occupation?
Trish - Painting but also teaching art.

Kay - What is your most treasured possession? 
Trish with tears in her eyes- Gran's house that I have to sell.

Kay - What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Trish smiles at her daughter and looks over at Dan - Bella. But my neighbor is looking pretty good.

Kay - What is your favorite journey?
Trish - The journey of learning I'm taking with Bella.

Kay - What is your most marked characteristic?
Trish heaves a heavy sigh. - My "maternal" bustline , slightly rounded stomach – these are the things my ex never let me forget about.

Kay - When and where were you the happiest?
Trish - The day right before Bella was born when I didn’t know the baby would have life-threatening health problems.

Ka y- What is it that you most dislike?
Trish - People who pretend they care but don't really.

Kay - What is your greatest fear?
Trish - Losing Bella, letting her down, not protecting her.

Kay - What is your greatest extravagance?
Trish grins - Art supplies. Oh, and also bath beads and scented candles.

Kay - Which living person do you most despise?
Trish shrugs - I don't hate anyone but am hurt and angry and a little intimidated by my ex-husband. I don't like "looks" of sympathy from strangers.

Kay - What is your greatest regret?
Trish shakes her head - That I didn’t try harder in my marriage, that I didn’t try to convince ex-husband to stay for Bella.

Kay - Which talent would you most like to have?
Trish - The one I have, painting watercolors that other people like enough to buy.

Kay - Where would you like to live?
Trish sighs wistfully - I wish I could stay in the beach house.

Kay - What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Trish - Feeling any kind of self-pity.

Kay - What is the quality you most like in a man?
Trish smiles at Dan - Compassion.

Kay - What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Trish - Integrity.

Kay - What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Trish - Sometimes I take on too much and get burned out.

Kay - What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Trish - Being phony.

Kay - What do you most value in your friends?
Trish - Loyalty.

Kay - Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Trish replies without hesitation - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Kay - Whose are your heroes in real life?
Trish thought for a moment before responding - All the U.S. First Ladies.

Kay - Which living person do you most admire?
Trish - Never thought of it.

Kay - What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Trish - Sympathy; it's often false.

Kay - On what occasions do you lie?
Trish shakes her head - I don't. No matter how tempting, because I don't like being lied to.

Kay - Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Tirsh chuckles and smiles at Bella - Let mommy help.

Kay - If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Trish - Being afraid all the time.

Kay - What are your favorite names?
Trish - I named my daughter Isabella because I liked the meaning, "devoted to God."

Kay - How would you like to die?
Trish - Old age, and at peace knowing Bella will be okay without me.

Kay - If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Trish tilts her head and thinks - A kitten

Kay - What is your motto?
Trish - "It won’t seem so bad tomorrow."

Sherry - Kay, thank you for sharing your interviews with your hero and heroine.  It seems they are both very strong characters who have definate opinions.  I bet the sparks flew when they came together :-)

Heartsight is available at Astraea Press website
* * * *

If you want to know more about Kay Springteen's characters and to read the blurb and excerpt of her debut novel, please come back tomorrow.

You will also discover where and how Kay is spending some of the income from Heartsight.

7 comments:

Lisa A. Vance said...

'Trish' is a wonderful character... so worth getting to know. And know her we will on March 1st! I can't wait!

Kim Bowman Author said...

Awesome interview! I'm dying for this book to come out! Congrats, Kay.

Kim

Kim Bowman Author said...

Sherry, thank you for participating in our blog scavenger hunt at Astraea Press. I've tried to send an email, but your links aren't working. you were our 3rd place winner!! Send me an email at kimbowman2008@yahoo.com so I can have your email and I'll get you your great prizes.

GUESS WHAT??? One of the books in your packages is Kay's Heartsight!!

Congrats and I hope you'll stop back by.

Kim

Sherry Gloag said...

LOL Kim, How did you know I had added Kay's book to my wish list? Thank you too, for yours, I look forward to reading it. I enjoyed my 'scavenge' :-)

Anonymous said...

the first ladies are very deserving of trish's admiration.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting me, Sherry. I want to give you a complimentary copy of Heartsight. It's the least I can do for all your hard work here.

Sherry Gloag said...

It's been a pleasure having you here and I have to tell you that Kim just informed me yesterday that I won your book for commenting on the Astraea blog-hop :-) I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to reading it.
I read the excerpt while setting up 'tomorrow's' blog and it captured my attention.
I wish you all the best with it. :-)