18 September 2010

CONTEST ~ WIN a paperback copy of The Brat

"Where have you been?"
I wasn't prepared for Ben Kouvaris's snarky attitude. "Doing my first guest blog, about the progression of books, on TonivSweeny's blog, yesterday (17th).
"That was yesterday, what about the day before?"  Gina looked up from her book. 
I noticed the cover and forgot the question."You're reading your own story?" I spluttered.
"Why not?" Laughter danced in her eyes, and her cheeks pinkened. "You should put a copy up as a prize."  The laughter in her eyes turned to challenge.
"That sounds like a good idea," I said, knowing she hadn't finished yet.
"You could put the names of everyone who comments on your blog this month in a 'hat', and then on October 1st draw a name out of a hat and give them a paperback copy of The Brat as their prize."
"You'd have to tell your readers you live in the UK and it may take several days to reach the winner if they live in the States."  Ben moved behind Gina and wrapped his arms round her waist, rested his chin on her shoulder and kept his gaze on me.
"I can do that."  I visualised the books that had just arrived.  "I can do that," I repeated.
"Go on then."  They both spoke at once.
"Go on what?"
"Do it,"  Ben said.
"Announce it," Gina said at the same time.
"Very well." I looked down at the notes I'd taken of their suggestions.

* * *
First - A COMPETITION   ~
Second - THE PRIZE is a paperback copy of The Brat ~
Third - THE DRAW will be made on 1st October (UK -BST- Time)
Fourth - THE WINNER will be the first name drawn from the 'hat'
Fifth - WHO CAN TAKE PART? Anyone who leaves a comment on any of this month's blogs.
Sixth - Where?  Here at Sherry Gloags Blogspot
* * *

"Sounds good." Gina said. 
Over her shoulder Ben nodded his head.
"So I can go and promote this to the outside world without you having another hissy fit, can I?"  I 'eye-balled' Ben.
"What is this 'hissy-fit'?"  If I hadn't noticed the gleam in his eye I'd have thought he was genuinely puzzled, until I remembered Gina explained it to him a while ago.
"Go," he said. 
And I did.
Their laughter followed me out of the blog.

9 comments:

orelukjp0 said...

I love contests. Especially easy ones. Congrats on The Brat.

Brandy B aka Brandlwyne said...

Hi. Thanks for hosting this contest. I love The Brat bookmarks you sent and I would like to enter the contest for the book.

-Brandy
brandyzbooks@yahoo.com

Cherie Le Clare said...

Hello from New Zealand. Your cover is great - very eye-catching, and I enjoyed the excerpt. All best with sales.
Cherie Le Clare
cherieleclare@gmail.com

Margaret West said...

Loved the excerpt. Good luck with the book.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks orelukjp0, for leaving a comment.

Sherry Gloag said...

Hi Brandy, thanks for coming by. I'm glad you like the bookmarks :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Cherie Le Clare Thanks for coming by. My b-i-l lives in your neck of the woods too. He tried coming back here for a couple of years but returned to NZ last year. Lovely country. Thanks for coming by.

Sherry Gloag said...

Hi Margaret, it's good to see you here. It's not exactly am excerpt, more of a snark from my two main characters in The Brat. They are still being quite vociferous, even though their story is finished. :-)

Lauren said...

I can't wait for this book to be released!