16 February 2014

Sunday Snippet

 

 
 
New month ~ new story.
Today I am sharing another snippet from my short Valentine story,
Queen of Diamonds,
which is part of a fifteen author
Astraea Press Anthology
This week's snippet carries on from last week
 
“Do you realise how busy I am next week? I have three children’s birthday parties, an engagement bash, a baby shower, and a massive Valentine party to organise for Aila Metaxas on the14th, Friday night. And before then,” she added before Ritchie could interrupt, “I have my normal weekend rush of venues to deal with starting this afternoon with a fiftieth wedding anniversary.” Sybil stalked into the pocket-sized kitchen, dug a bottle of cool water from the fridge, and, unscrewing the bottle cap, stalked back again. “I don’t have time to play some stupid game of poker with this Culley just because you and your buddies think it’s cool to ‘play for the girl.’”
 
 


Buy Links:Amazon   Amazon   UK   Barnes & Noble

 
 
 

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

She sounds exceedingly busy!

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Thanks for coming by William. Yeah, she's a busy lady.

Elaine Cantrell said...

That last line leaves me very curious. I have the book, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sarah W said...

Is it the request (which sounds intriguing) or the timing (which sounds impossible) that's bothering her?

Can't wait to find out!

PT said...

Methinks she's trying too hard to convince herself that she doesn't want to do it.

Gem Sivad said...

Sounds like she needs some fun in her life. Let the games begin. :)

SherryGLoag said...

I hope you enjoy it when you get to it Elaine, there are some awesome stories in this anthology. I found it hard to choose a favourite. :-)

SherryGLoag said...

Both Sarah, but mostly the request.

SherryGLoag said...

LOL. very true, PT. Thanks for coming by.

SherryGLoag said...

Gem, and they do, gem. They do!! lol