7 November 2012

Please Welcome Tmonique Stephens

 

Why did I choose to write a Romance series about the Egyptian Gods?

About five years ago, I decided I wanted to write a series. I’ve always loved paranormal romances, vampires, werewolves, the fey, shape shifters, novels about other worlds inhabited with different species. Naturally, I gravitated to what I enjoyed reading, but I was tired of the usual books populating the genre. I considered writing about the Greek Gods, but I had recently started reading a popular series about the Greeks and I felt I had no new ideas to offer.

Then I thought of the Egyptian Gods. Ancient Egypt is one of the most well documented cultures. Although the Egyptian Gods have a wealth of history and folklore, there aren’t many fiction books about them. Their story remains untold.

Five Egyptian Gods will comprise the series: Nu, mother of the Pantheon. SET, The God of All Evil. Nephythys, SET’s wife and Goddess of the Dead. Hathor, the Goddess of Love. Lastly, Anubis, son of Nephythys and SET. When theses five gods become involved in the lives of the Nicolis family, nothing will ever be the same.

Eternity is a story of reincarnation and redemption. Roman Nicolis, a mercenary falls in love with the Elyssian, the wrong woman. He seduces her, taking her virginity and cursing them both. For two thousand years, Roman wanders the earth searching for the only woman he can love. Time and again, Roman finds her, only to lose her horribly. Now, in present day New York City, they meet again. And this is his last chance to get things right. If only the gods would let him.

I love HEA aka the big moment at the end of a novel when the hero and heroine get their Happily Ever After. But they only get that moment after I torture them. I have to admit, there is a bit of a sadist in me that enjoys inflicting pain on my characters, though it is for a good cause. The cause of having my reader shed a tear and give a satisfying ‘Ahh’ at the end of the novel. That’s why I writing romance.

Cursed for 2000 years, Roman Nicolis has tracked his lovers’ soul through each reincarnation only to lose her horribly every time. Reclaiming their love is his only salvation. He’s been her friend, her father, her neighbor, but never again her lover . . . until now.
A late night walk home throws Stella Walker into the path of a killer. The last thing she remembers are the deep blue eyes of the man trying to kill her—and the first things she sees after a seven day coma are the same blue eyes in the handsome face of the man hired to protect her. Is he truly the owner of a security firm assigned to protect her or the man who wants to finish her off? Is it fears she feels when Roman touches her or the memory of something sweeter? She will have to push past her fears and reclaim a love that has lasted two millennia.
Past secrets haunt them. An angry demon stalks them. 
Roman will do anything to recover what they had. Though Stella’s ruined childhood has made her close her heart and body to any man, he must get past the walls around her to gain her love and trust, for it will take their union to defeat an unexpected enemy sent from the Egyptian Gods. A man Romans respects, and Stella trusts.
TWO HEARTS.ONE SOUL. FOR ALL ETERNITY.
Eternity is avaible to but at:-
~~~



No comments: