30 March 2014

Sunday Snippet



This week's snippet is my last from my first Regency novel,
No Job For a Woman
(now available online for the special price of $2.99)


 “If she will not see sense we are done for. And I cannot imagine where we will find a suitable groom in time who she will accept.” His glance leveled on his friend’s disbelieving face.
 
“You’ve said it yourself, Deborah has no intention of wedding again,” Julian snapped. “Why should I leg-shackle myself to a woman who’s loyalty is with her late husband’s estates and people? You said she and Harold were married for eight years and they have no children. Why should I hitch myself to a woman who may be infertile?


No Job For a Woman is available from:-
 
Thanks for coming by :-) 
You'll find a lot more gifted authors at SNIPPET SUNDAY
 

9 comments:

PT said...

Unwilling potential bride, unwilling potential groom... This should be good!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Actually, for the time period, that's a good question.

Linda said...

Those are good questions. And even more why would he marry someone he doesn't love and who obviously doesn't love him.

SherryGLoag said...

Thanks PT. I'm hoping to catch up with everything now. Things have been kind of chaotic round here recently.

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Thanks Elaine. I loved it when he came out with that question!!

SherryGLoag said...

Thanks for coming by Linda. He's loyal to his friends and he's been friends with her brother all his life so he's willing to marry for the sake of friendship.

Unknown said...

You've built some great tension in this short snippet, what time period is your novel set?

SherryGLoag said...

Thanks for coming by Linda, he's a good friend, that's why.

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Thanks E.E.