28 November 2011

Character Interview Series #3 by Jennifer T. Alli

Interview with a Vampire.

I suppose I should tell you a little about me. My name’s Jennifer T. Alli, feel free to call me Jen J. I write paranormal romance novels and am getting quite prolific. Not anywhere near as many as Kresley Cole or Gena Showalter who I adore, but still…I have 5 books under my belt and a sixth on the way. I realised the other day that I’ve written over half a million words and I think anyone would agree that’s a lot. I’ve been writing for quite some time, initially I kept my writing private but then I discovered the internet and made everything public. The internet is awesome and I met some lovely people by posting my work online but after 3 separate cases of plagiarism I decided to start self publishing and so here I am.

I think that’s probably quite enough from me we’re here to have an interview with a vampire not listen to my ramblings. If you’ve not read anything in my Elemental Passions series then I suppose I should introduce you to Lucian. I still don’t know whether I’d be intimidated or enticed if I met him in a dark alley late at night. Dark hair, even darker eyes, tall and wide with a no nonsense mouth that only a certain someone has ever managed to make smile. If I’m honest he has a bit of an attitude problem so bear with us I’ve had to coerce him into this interview but here goes.

JTA: “Evening Lucian, how are you tonight?”
Lucian: “Busy. Just ask your questions so I can be on my way.”
JTA: *mumbles to herself* “Rude much?”
Lucian: “I’m a vampire, I can hear you.”
JTA: “Fine, tell us a little about yourself.”
Lucian: “Are you serious? If that’s the sort of question you’re going to ask then I’m leaving.”
Sara: “Lucian, you agreed to do this remember? If you don’t want me to wear my sword crafting clothes you’re going to do this. Ask your questions Jen.”
JTA: “Okay, so we’ll try that again. Tell us a little about yourself.”
Lucian: “If you haven’t already guessed I’m a busy man. Wars don’t win themselves.
JTA: “War? Do tell.”
Lucian: *Sighs* “I’m not going to be able to get out of doing this am I?”
Sara and JTA: “No.”
Lucian: “Fine. I’ll tell you about myself. I’m a vampire. The oldest of my kind and I’ve spent hundreds of years at war.”
JTA: “Why?”
Lucian: “Because I got sick of people trying to take my head when I was asleep. My people needed a leader otherwise we were going to get ourselves all killed by silly humans like you. For the sake of pride if nothing else. We don’t need to kill as we feed. William didn’t quite understand that but don’t worry, I fixed that problem easily enough.”
JTA: “You’ve made me want to know more. Spill it! Tell us what happens to you in your story.”
Lucian: *groans* “This is going to take much longer than I was told it would…If you must know I was trying to win a war when this woman shows up and ruins everything…Well at the time I thought she was going to ruin everything. I know better now. But it still stands that she was a distraction. One that literally came into my life and turned everything upside down. I wanted to bite her so badly…She was a walking, talking temptation especially in those ridiculous clothes she uses to craft her swords.
JTA: “You’re a vampire, you’re meant to bite people and you said it yourself you don’t need to kill as you feed. I’m not seeing the problem. If you wanted to bite her you should have just done it.”
Lucian: “You sound just like Sara. It was complicated.”
JTA: “Complicated? That means interesting. Spill the beans.”
Lucian: “I’m not telling you anything. Why would I want to publicise my one and only weakness?”
JTA: “Good point, good point…But we do find out what it is if we read the book right?”
Lucian: “Sadly I can’t kill everyone who knows the secret all I can do is keep it contained.”
JTA: “Fine, next question. Tell us about your relationship with Sara.”
Lucian: *A small smile touches his lips.*
JTA: *mumbles to herself* “A smile like that should be illegal, it’s a lethal weapon. Yup, I’ve decided if I met him in a dark alley I’d definitely be enticed…”
Lucian: “My relationship with Sara is complicated. The relationship between a vampire and his bride always is.”
JTA: “Details!”
Lucian: “I didn’t want her. The first time I saw her, smelt her blood I knew she was the one but I left her…unconscious on the street.”
JTA: “You did what? You really left her passed out alone on a street? Anything could of happened to her!”
Lucian: “But it didn’t. I assigned someone to watch her but I knew without even speaking to her that she was going to be trouble. She was on fire and calling out for help. What normal person does that?”
Sara: “I was cursed at the time.”
Lucian: “You’re not really saying anything that contradicts my point. In fact, that’s another point. I was trying to win a war and this woman, who I didn’t even want anywhere near me forces her way into my life and says that I’m the cure to her curse. If that isn’t a distraction then you tell me what is.”
JTA: “So you don’t want her then?”
Lucian: “………If you ever make such a suggestion again I’ll cut your tongue out so that you can’t ever ask such a ridiculous question again. She’s mine.”
JTA: *mumbles to herself* “Changed my mind, I’d be terrified if I met you in a dark alley. I don’t think I’m ever leaving my house at night again.”
JTA: “Fine, so you want her. That’s fine, keep her. If you had to describe Sara in one word then what would it be?”
Lucian: “I’ll describe her in three.”
JTA: “But I said one…” *Remembers the flash of red in his eyes* “Fine, have three.”
Lucian: “In a nutshell Sara is brave, fierce and a menace to my sanity.”
JTA: “That was more than three…but moving on. Sara, I know we’re technically not interviewing you but could you describe Lucian in a word?”
Sara: “Determined.”
JTA: “Well I was going to go for rude but to each her own…”
Lucian: “Are we done yet? Some of us have better things to do.”
JTA: “Fine, you can go I just have one last question for Sara.”
Lucian: “I told you she was a menace to my sanity. I can’t leave her anywhere by herself. She’s a magnet for trouble. Just ask your question and we’ll both leave.”
JTA: “Fine. Sara, can you tell us a little about the Elemental Passions series as a whole?”
Sara: “Well the Elemental Passions series is about four people who have each been cursed. Each curse is different and we’ve got to try and figure out a way to break it. Lucian was the cure for my curse but I needed the one to cool my flame and who better than a vampire? If he’s not touching me he can be freezing at times. Is that everything?”
JTA: “Just one last thing I promise. What was your curse?”
Sara: *Smiles as she gets to her feet* “If I hadn’t met Lucian I would have died. If you want to find out more about my curse and my three siblings of the soul then the information is out there somewhere right?”
JTA: “Yeah, it’s on my blog.”
Sara: “Perfect.”
Lucian: “Can we go now?”
JTA: “Yes, go.” *Waits until they’re both gone* “I think I’d rather be dead than tied to that man for all eternity…to each her own I suppose.

To find out more about Jennifer T Alli  visit her at: http://jennifertalli.wordpress.com/

No comments: