13 November 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Some weeks seem to go by faster than others.  this one disappeared off the radar completely!
Thank you to everyone who visits and also comments, I appriate you all.
This week is a continuation of yesterday's posting of my short story Thanks Given.

“Why isn’t Aunty Alex here yet?” Trudi asked for the hundredth time, and Luke wished he had the answer. He’d checked the airport, confirmed she’d picked up her rental car and left over three hours ago. Rain slammed against the windows, the wind keened around the building and the dark concealed the view outside.


Mandy joined her sister on his lap, and cupped his face in her tiny hand. “I want Aun’ie Allie.”

 Click for more great Six Sunday Sentences





18 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this feeling of foreboding about Auntie Allie. Hope I'm wrong!

Megan Johns said...

Look forward to reading this story, Sherry

Lisa Fox said...

Oh no What has happened to Auntie Allie??

Zee Monodee said...

Wonder what's happened to her! So foreboding, Sherry

Christine Warner said...

oh oh....I hope nothing bad happened. Great intrigue. Looking forward to next week :)

Sherry Gloag said...

Hmmm. 'Auntie Allie is stuck out on the road in a rainstorm and with a flat tyre!

Sherry Gloag said...

Mmegan, thanks for coming by. :-) There'll be more next Sat and Sun.

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Lisz we left her cursing the man who designed the rental car! LOL

Sherry Gloag said...

Zee, thanks for coming by, remember? She's stuck in the storm!

Sherry Gloag said...

Christine, thanks for coming by, if you care to read yesterday's 'Sample you'll see she's not to pleased at being marroned out in a storm.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Aww, poor guy. I feel a search party coming on :-)

Unknown said...

Aunt Allie sounds like a great gal, but I do hope she's okay.

Anonymous said...

This is so sad! It was almost funny from Allie's POV (not that I don't feel for her, lol), but here I'm worried with them.

diannehartsock said...

Ha ha! She's going to get some help after all. I wondered if she'd be missed. Can't wait to see who rescues her. The brother-in-law? ;)

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Sandra, thanks for coming by.

Sherry Gloag said...

Krystal, she's a tad wet but safe.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thaks sarah, it always please me when reader's get my dry sense of humour.

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Dianne, who else? Thanks for coming by.