10 November 2011

So how are you NaNoWriMo-er doing?  last week, I wondered whether I'd get one single word down, and as day followed day and still I stared at a blank page (even my freewriting ruse failed me!) my frustration grew exponentially.
I did manage with excrutiating difficulty to tap out just over eight thsound words that first week, none of which gave me any pleasure at all.

A couple of days ago, in total frustration I let rip with a long rant, still to myself.  Then to DH.

After a few moments he came in to me and asked "What would happen if when you 'parked' your (push)bike, and someone else laid theirs against it and locked them both together so you couldn't get to yours at the end of the day?"  -Think university towns and cites like Oxford and cambridge in the UK-

By now the clock had ticked past midnight, but the idea took root, and if mt brain played with the idea while I slept i don't know, but yesterday I sat down in front of the pc and began.
Two thousands words + later I stopped to get our evening meal ready.  then I sat with DH to watch a couple of programmes,  Then I went back to the pc and by one AM I had over seven thousand words.  WOW, am I relieved that my muse finally agreed to cooperate.  I had a ball yesterday.  Today, so far commitments have kept me away from NaNo, but for the first time this year, I'm looking forwards to getting back to my latest project.

How are you doing?  I hope you are having great fun with your efforts this year and that everything is falling into place for you.

No comments: