26 November 2011

KathleenGrieve's character interview with Dr. Cruz Avery

WHY DIDN’T I GET THE GIRL? BY DR. CRUZ AVERY

Every day for the next few weeks a different author each day will post an interview with one of their characters.
I hope you'll keep coing back to join everyone each day.  Thank you.

Today author KathleenGrieve's interviews  Dr. Cruz Avery.

“Hello, I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Dr. Cruz Avery and you will meet me in Kathleen Grieve’s current release, Dating 911. It is the story of my twin brother, Jett and how he doesn’t use the best judgment when dealing with his post traumatic stress disorder after he lost his best friend in a fire.”

“But has Jett ever used good judgment?” A bitter laugh escapes full, sexy lips. “Hell no! I remember the time when we…”Cruz shrugs and shakes his head. “Never mind. So. He steals my girl and I get stuck at a dinner party with one of my Mother’s “choice” dates, who by the way was no peach, not even if you counted the fuzz growing on her chin. Why would I be pissed off? Well, Roxanne wasn’t exactly mine…but she would’ve been if Jett wouldn’t have come barging in, fire hose blazing…”

Cruz paces the new office he was recently given when he was promoted as the Director of Phoenix General’s Emergency Room. It’s small, windowless, with only enough room for a generic desk, bookshelf crammed with medical texts and budget binders, and a chair for a guest, but he spans the 5x10 room anyway.

He turns to me and pierces me with those penetrating grey eyes. “Why didn’t I get Roxanne and not Jett? Was it because he was so tragic? Lost? Women fall for that sort of thing, I guess. Do I sound like a bitter asshole?” He straightens and smoothes the dark blue silk tie and black Armani suit jacket he is wearing. “I’m not hurting for dates. I have more women than I know what to do with. I am Dr. Cruz Avery, after all.” He winks.

It was my turn to shrug. As his creator, I’m fully aware that Cruz doesn’t want to hear my answer, as he sits back behind his desk and shuffles some papers.

“Work. That’s what I need. Forget women…Forget dating all together. This ER is a complete mess and I intend to make some real changes here…”

Poor Cruz. What happened to him in Dating 911? Did he deserve Roxanne’s love? What’s in store for him in Book 2 of my Dating Series, Dating Impossible? Will he finally find the happiness he deserves?

Before I go I’d like to thank you for having me here today! I’d like to leave you with a picture of Dr. Cruz Avery looking a bit more relaxed…

When you look like this, I can see why Roxanne had a really hard time choosing between these hot twins! Dating 911 is available now at http://www.evernightpublishing.com/dating-911-by-kathleen-grieve/

To find out more about Kathleen Grieve and her books, you can stop by her blog, Keeping A Pulse On Life & Romance at: http://kathleengrieve.blogspot.com

Her website: www.kathleengrieve.com


Follow her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathleen-GrieveAuthor/251669291518939


Follow her on Twitter: @KathleenGrieve

Have a great day!
Kathleen