26 November 2011

Sweet Saturday Samples 26-11-11

Welcome back to another  sample of my Thanksgiving story. 

All this month in celebration of Thanksgiving, I've been posting snippets of my short Thanksgiving story every Saturday and Sunday.  Today's is the penultimate offering.  The final coming tomorrow in the Six Sentence Sunday. So today I am carrying on from where I left off last Sunday.

Before I do, I'd just like to thank you to everyone who visits THoR , and leaves comments I apprecaite everyone of you.

He had to go to her. Had to find her. Until he did, his soul would never rest, never be whole again. He called his foreman and asked his wife to stay with his girls.

Luke edged his truck through the muddy water swilling across the access road to the house. The curtain of rain obscured her vehicle until he almost ran into it. His headlights shone on the flat tyre, but failed to reveal any sign of the driver. Fear drove him from his truck to the car, and relief buckled his knees when he saw her curled up on the back seat. Alseep.

He yanked her door open, hauled her from the car and wrapped her in his arms, and vowed never to let her go again.

"I'm so sorry. So Sorry. She tricked me into thinking Alice was you, and all I wanted was to marry you and make you mine. I thought it was you with me when we ran away."

He didn't know whether Alex heard or understood. "She tricked me! And I've had to live with that for all these years. I thought I'd never see you again, never hold you in my arms. Do you understand? I love you.  Have always loved you. Only you. Can you ever forgive me?"

Alex groaned, shivered and moved in his arms.  When he looked into her face she gave him a radiant smile.

"Luke? Luke?  Is that really you?  I thought I was dreaming."  She raised one hand to his cheek and ran her finger over his stubbled chin.




To read more super samples head on over to Sweet Saturday Sample.
And please come back tomorrow for the conclusion of Thanksgiven

15 comments:

Megan Johns said...

I'm hooked, Sherry. Now I defintely want to know what happens next

Jenna said...

Awww. How sweet! But when was this set? Why didn't he divorce the evil twin and marry Alex? Wonderful sample.

Jean Joachim Books said...

Such a wonderful story! Can't wait to read the end. Very emotional. Love this guy.

Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful how he spills his heart out to her.

Anonymous said...

Love his passion! And you have me sucked in with the stubble alone. I LOVE stubble. *sigh*

Sherry Gloag said...

Megan, thanks for coming by today. Tomorrow I post the final six sentences of this story, I do hope you'll look in then too.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thank you for your kind words, Jean. It ends tomorrow in SSS.

Sherry Gloag said...

melyndaprice, thank you for your kind words.

Sherry Gloag said...

LOL Sarah, glad you liked this. Hope you can come back tomorrow for the final snippet.

Patricia Kiyono said...

Oh, poor Luke and Alex! I wonder how he was tricked?

Lindsay said...

What a story. Yes like with the others I'm hooked

diannehartsock said...

Yea!!! But, what about the wife? This is complicated. I hope it works out!

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Lindsay. It completes tomorrow on the SSS. hope you'll look in.

Sherry Gloag said...

The wrong twin tricked him Patricia, thanks for commenting. This story completes tomorrow in SSS. Hope you can come by.

Sherry Gloag said...

Dianne, thanks for your company. Please come back tomorrow to see the final snippet.
I always appreciate your comments, thank you.