17 November 2010

Please give a warm welcome to author Julie Wise

Hi Julie, thank you very much for agreeing to this interview about your book Dream Bigger.
Before posting my review tomorrow, I'd like to say how much I enjoyed it.

You cited several personal experiences in Dream Bigger, how hard did you find it to write about them, and did you find it cathartic when you’d finished?
Writing about my personal experiences was not difficult because they are situations from the past that I’ve written or spoken about before. One of the benefits of going through challenging times is being able to learn new skills and gain wisdom that you can later share with others who find themselves in similar situations. Every experience deepens you, grants you more insight, and expands your compassion for others.

How long did it take you write Dream Bigger?
The writing process took about three months. I committed to sitting down every day and writing for two to four hours. My goal was to write 2,000 words a day.

Apart from your own experiences, what or who motivated you to write Dream Bigger?
The idea for this book came to me last December while I was writing another book – one about my journey through Ireland in 2008. Dream BIGGER leaped into my mind and insisted on being written first. The title, section headings and basic outline of the book presented themselves to me. Each day when I sat down to write, the content flowed. It was as if the message needed to be voiced, and I was the one who happened to say yes to the task of writing it all down. The examples in the book are from my own life or from experiences with my coaching clients, and the six individuals I interviewed as “Dreammakers” are inspiring people whose stories I wanted to share with the world.

What has been the single most rewarding aspect of the experience?
It’s hard to choose one aspect! I thoroughly enjoyed the writing process. It flowed with such ease and brought me such joy that it confirmed for me my role as a writer. I was also thrilled when all six of the “Dreammakers” agreed to be interviewed without hesitation, even though none of them knew me personally and all of them have very demanding schedules. Perhaps the best part, however, is the feedback from readers, hearing how the book has inspired them, or changed their lives in some way.

If you had to write it again, what would you change, if anything?
I wouldn’t change a thing. I believe the book carries a message that is timely and it will touch many lives exactly as it is.

What are your future goals? Do you have any more books in the pipeline, and would you care to give your readers and fans a sneak peak into them?
I’m busy promoting Dream BIGGER at the moment, but also starting to get back into writing again. I’m working on the book on my Ireland journey. I travelled for three months alone, by foot, bus and train, had extraordinary experiences and met wonderful people. I lived in a cottage along the northern coast of Northern Ireland for a month, flew a glider plane on my birthday, learned how to make Irish soda bread, and tapped my toes to live music in a tiny pub surrounded by over two dozen musicians. I have many tales to tell, for sure!

What is your favourite car? And what colour would it be?
No question – BMW sport convertible in steel blue. Now that’s dreaming bigger!
LOL - as you say, we can all dream!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you like to settle down?
I think I have gypsy blood, so settling down anywhere wouldn’t work for any length of time. I love to travel and explore although I do need a home base. I’d love to live in another country for part of the year, and then return to Canada to spend the rest of the year writing about my experiences. Some of the countries I’d like to experience include Ireland again, Spain again, Portugal, New Zealand, parts of Italy …

Who, in the world, past or present, would you most like to meet?
I’d like to meet Oprah because she embodies the philosophy and spirit of dreaming bigger. Not only does she live her life this way, she shares the joy and abundance with everyone around her, including her television audience. In terms of the past, I’d like to meet Lucy Maud Montgomery, the Canadian author of the Anne of Green Gables books. I’d love to tell her what an impact her writing had on me as a child and how, even today, I reread the series from time to time.

What hobbies do you enjoy?
I don’t do much these days, but I’ve always danced (ballroom, flamenco), used to crochet, paint watercolours, and read a lot. I enjoy going for walks in the woods.

If you had to get up on a stage and sing a song, what song would you choose?
“My Way”, the song made famous by Frank Sinatra. I think it sums up my approach to life.

Please will you share the blurb and an excerpt of Dream Bigger with us today?
Book Description:
Take a moment to remember daydreaming as a child. Recall the joy, freedom, and sense of possibility you felt. Imagine being able to experience that every day!
You can with Dream BIGGER, Julie Wise’s heartfelt and inspiring guide to realizing your deepest desires. Using her experience as a life and relationship coach, Wise provides personal anecdotes and numerous client examples to create a living, breathing roadmap for those seeking insight and wisdom on their daily path.
The workbook format deftly illustrates Wise’s motivational message, giving you the chance to work through past doubts, disappointments and fears using simple yet effective techniques. She shows you how to stay focused and achieve your dreams by creating a workable action plan. Divided into easy-to-read chapters, Wise offers inspiring stories from those successfully living their dreams and covers topics such as revealing the dream, befriending the gremlins, reawakening your potential, seeing the signs, and much, much more!
Your dream is within reach. Let Dream BIGGER show you how to make it a reality!Excerpt from the introduction to Dream BIGGER: Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease:
“Did you daydream as a child? Do you remember the magic of imagining you could fly like an eagle, or discover new lands like Christopher Columbus, or find a cure for cancer? Perhaps you pictured yourself standing on stage accepting the Nobel Peace Prize, hearing the thunder of applause or savoring the majestic silence from the peak of Mount Everest.
If you stop for a moment and remember what that felt like, chances are you’d describe a sensation of freedom, joy, and ease as well as a strong sense of accomplishment and a deep connection to who you truly are.
This is what it feels like to live our dreams. And, yes, we can experience that today, even if we’re all “grown up.” That’s what this book is all about—learning how to rekindle the magic of dreaming, creating a road map for the journey and moving past the obstacles along the way.”

Please will you tell us where we can find you?
My book blog is: http://www.wise1coaching.wordpress.com
My coaching website is: http://www.juliewiseconsulting.com 

There is also the Dream BIGGER Reinvention Challenge, a contest that people can enter to share their dream and win prizes to help make their dream a reality.
The website is: http://www.dreambiggercontest.com

Enter today because the contest deadline is November 29!

Please will you provide links where readers can buy your book, Dream Bigger?Dream BIGGER is available online through Amazon.com ( http://amzn.to/cdS1Yf )Amazon.ca ( http://amzn.to/bvLWz4 )
Amazon.co.uk ( http://amzn.to/c7sIUm )
Barnes and Noble ( http://bit.ly/dou6hh )
Borders ( http://bit.ly/a0ez3X )
Chapters/Indigo ( http://bit.ly/b2bltq )

Thank you very much, Julie for joining us today and best wishes to you and for your book Dream Bigger.
I’m so pleased I had the opportunity to read it.

Please remember to come back tomorrow to read the review of Julie Wise's stunning book Dream Bigger.
 

No comments: